Saturday 12 March 2011

O Outro Livro par Philip Womack




There is nothing quite so exciting for an author as seeing your book in translation. When I got the first editions of Farol's translation of The Other Book, I remember being in transports of happiness. It had a different cover and everything... The idea of being read in Brazil, across the other side of the world, of my rainy magic English world being sampled by Brazilians in their own language, was marvellous. Now I've stumbled across a picture of a reissue - which I think must be very exciting. They're using the English cover: it feels as if I've accidentally slipped into a different universe... I can't wait to get hold of a copy.

Now let's just wait for the Latin version. ALTER LIBER. Sounds quite good, doesn't it?

(I THINK this is a link to the Farol website: CLICK HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment